Sunday, March 28, 2010

Quilting Block

This little cot quilt top was finished a few of weeks ago for a work colleague who was expecting a baby & I've come to a real halt with fear of ruining it. I need to quilt this quickly as the baby has arrived. I've never machine quilted before & really don't want to make a mess of it!

How do I go about this......which would be easier for an inexperienced machine user, should I do grids on the centre panel or would free motion like vermicelli look better around the applique lamb? Any advice would be gratefully received, thank you.

5 comments:

Judy Ellsworth said...

To quilt it quickly and attractively, I would do grids on the gingham - you wouldn't need to mark it. Definitely curly-wooly shapes on the lamb.

Caroline Moore said...

love this and what a great pressie. You have been doing some amazing work lately. I would definitely go with the vermicilli on the sheep and grids on the gingham - take a deep breath and just go for it.

Gypsy Purple said...

I wish you a happy and blessed Easter!!xxx Gypsy Purple

Janet said...

If your quick at stippling, it would go fast. I like both ideas. If you're not confideent, go grid with the walking foot. It's cute, I still haven't finished the one for my Gs and he's 6 months old, lol.

Valentina said...

I know I am late for any advice, but hopefully not too late for support! I know that whatever you do will be appreciated as the quilt is already so very very lovely!
But if you haven't done anything yet, may I suggest button stitching all over the quilt for a puckered look?
Maybe for another time.
I hope you let us see how it turned out!
xox
Valentina