Monday, February 11, 2013

On the horizon

Something's going to be created with this......


.......inspired by this amazing quilt with kind permission by Marianne. Currently sketching out some ideas but hesitating to cut into these stunning fabrics .........


This is a commission quilt for my friend who lives in a modern art deco-ish type house, she has a monster of a bed & we've calculated that 30 x 18 inch square blocks will be needed to fit nicely.......this is going to be a long term project!

5 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Oh wow, that is going to be a gorgeous quilt (again)!!! I have treated myself to one of those boxes too, but now can't bring myself to use it. Silly really. Maybe seeing what you are doing with yours will give me the necessary push. I can't wait!

sandi s said...

Hi, you have beautiful quilts on your blog. I saw your post on small quilts and came to read your blog. Have a great sewing day! Sandi in AL

Cathi said...

That is going to be an absolutely fabulous quilt. Thse fabrics are glorious!

Shirley said...

The best of luck with that monster size but with those gorgeous colours you will breeze it. Those fabrics are beautiful to use and are a dream to quilt. The little glimpses of your drawings show that it is going to be a great quilt. Can't wait to see your progress.

Sandra Henderson said...

Oh, what FUN!~ I can't wait to watch this progress. You are so talented.