Sunday, March 15, 2015

FQS Mystery BOM 2014


These days it's rare that I go for full fabric ranges as I prefer to mix it all up but one range that caught my attention last year was the Designer BOM by the FQS using the the lovely Snowbird range by Edita Sitar.
I love blue, polka dots & stars, so how could I resist joining this BOM?
I'm now caught up with the blocks all of which were constructed using my 1929 Singer Treadle machine. Here they are in order:

Block 1 - designed by Edita Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts
Block 2 - designed by Karla Eisenach, Susan Kendrick & Lisa Burnett of Sweetwater
Block 3 - designed by Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way & Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
Block 4 - designed by Sandy Gervais of Pieces from My Heart
Block 5 - designed by Polly Minick & Laurie simpson of Minick & Simpson
Block 6 - designed by Vanessa Christenson of V and Co
Block 7 - designed by Joanna Figueroa of Fig tree Quilts
Block 8 - designed by Kate Spain
Block 9 - designed by Lynne Hagmeier of Kansas Troubles Quilters
This last block is the centre block designed by Edita Sitar for the final layout as all the mystery blocks will be set on point surrounding this block. There are only 3 more to go before the whole top can be assembled so I eagerly await the next one.

This is the first BOM I have participated in via the FQS & can honestly say the patterns are very clearly written & printed in a nice booklet format. The fabric provided is more than enough to produce each block so there is extra for oops moments or even to make a second block. I will definitely be keeping an eye open for future BOMs on offer that may appeal.
Please note I have no affiliation with the Fat Quarter Shop other than being a very satisfied customer with their excellent service. :)

2 comments:

Doris R said...

Have you finished this quilt? The blocks look awesome.

Karen Joseph said...

I love this BOM and I am an admirer of Edyta Sitar and her fabrics.
Is this booklet with these pattern available anywhere? from this blog? or
somewhere else I would be interested in purchase the pattern.
Karen Joseph, 2587 L Ave., Williamsburg, IA
current email - karenjoseph41@gmail.com
(I have been notived by Google that my google+ is going away 4/2/19
so I did create a new one kajoseph2587@gmail.com if you have problems)
3190533-2919 Thank you for me being able to see this site.